Sunday, February 8, 2009

Back To The Grind


Lily was 17 weeks old yesterday, and weighed in at 10lbs, 1oz a few days ago, now more than 4 times her birth weight of 2lbs, 6oz.  I can actually hug her now when I hold her without feeling like I'm going to do her harm.

Lily's new favorite thing to do is Smile!  Her second new favorite thing to do is Sleep!  
She's been sleeping much better the past week or two, sleeping as much as 6-7 hours at a time. She still hasn't slept through the night yet, but has come dangerously close.
She has been smiling quite a bit the past few days, and that has been great to see.

Tomorrow is Amanda's first day going back to work.  We've been extremely lucky to have both spent the amount of  time with Lily these past few weeks as we have.  I have travelled a little, and worked a few days here and there in town, but have been home for the most part.  Amanda has been fortunate to have the amount of time off from work that she's had, and we're sad to see that come to an end.

The good news is she'll only be working half days, and should be home by noon most days.  I'll stay home with Lily, travel on the weekends when I have to, and work in the afternoon/evenings in Seattle when I can.

These pictures were all taken this afternoon.  Enjoy.




























Don't Forget To Breathe.

2 comments:

Sue Jacquette said...

I can't believe how big she's getting already! What a gorgeous baby. I know you hear this all the time, but really love each moment for what it is because they go so fast. Thanks for the update!

LibertyRidgeRanch said...

Wow does she look like Neal when she smiles! Isn't it great to finally get so positive feedback? It just keeps getting better ...