Thursday, February 12, 2009

Movie Night

We went to see Slumdog Millionaire the other night, which is a great movie, if you haven't seen it yet, you should.  I know I don't usually write about movies here, and this is no exception.  The point is, we went to a movie.  In the theater.  With popcorn.  My mom was in town, and insisted that we go out at least one night while she stayed home with Lily.  She said it would be good for us to get out, although I believe she had ulterior motives for getting rid of us, i.e. spending a few hours alone with her granddaughter and using that time to brainwash her about the joys of shopping.  It was a bit surreal leaving the house, but we felt we had sufficiently trained my mom in how to take care of a baby, that we could sneak away for a little bit.  Miraculously, when we got back home, everyone was ok, and we all went out for dinner.  My mom went back home yesterday, Lily has been de-programmed, and we got to see a great movie.  Thanks Mom!

Don't Forget To Breathe.

1 comment:

Sue Jacquette said...

I agree, Slumdog Millionaire was great. So glad you got to a movie! what a treat!