Sunday, October 26, 2008

Babies For Obama


As you know from reading this blog, it hasn't been an easy start for me.  My first 4-8 weeks will be spent in the hospital because I can't regulate my own temperature or even eat on my own yet.  I have great doctors and nurses and loving parents taking care of me, and eventually I will head home and grow up to be big and strong.  For now, though, there is one thing I ask of you:

So that my first 4-8 years may be years of hope, love, and peace,
So that I may grow up in a land where people come before corporations;
So that I may grow up in a land where civil liberties come before fear mongering;
So that I may grow up in a land where equal rights come before prejudice and bigotry;
So that I may grow up in a land where tolerance comes before hatred;
So that I may grow up in a land where education comes before bombs,
So that I may grow up in a land where love of man comes before love of money;
So that I may grow up in a land where negotiation comes before threats;
So that I may grow up in a land where all options come before war and war is not an option,
I ask that you please vote for Barack Obama and make him my first president.

Don't Forget To Breathe.
Lily Maia Rogers

4 comments:

erin said...

AMEN SISTA!! Love your picture! Perhaps in 40 some odd years you will be president too!

Anonymous said...

Lily is such a great writer - takes after her daddy! (I don't know mom, maybe she takes after her in that way, too!)

Anonymous said...

Lily,
Today I canvassed for you and tomorrow I will again. We will make the next eight years as good as we possibly can so you can grow up big and strong and happy.

I was thrilled to help you get your Obama picture taken and I'm thrilled to do every thing I can to help Obama be your new President!

Terri

Neal said...

Thanks Terri! As if you haven't done enough for us already, thanks for everything!