Friday, October 24, 2008

A Few Firsts

Lily had her first bath Thursday.  One of her nurses, Lex, wanted to move her feeding tube, and since her PICC line had already been removed it was a rare opportunity for her to be wire-free.  She was washed in a plastic tub about the size of a shoe box, which was placed in the sink.  Amanda washed her by hand, gently massaging her with soap and warm water, and she seemed to enjoy it.  I would have helped, but I was too busy documenting the event with a video camera in one hand and my still camera in the other.

Lily's First Bath  10/23/08



"Look mom, no wires!"

Upon arriving to see her Saturday morning, I was greeted by Lily's first set of hand and foot prints, taken by the nurses some time since we left Friday.




When I have a chance, I'll re-post these with a frame of reference.

Don't forget to breathe.

1 comment:

Kelly Choma said...

Those handprints/footprints are the cutest thing I have ever seen :) How special!