Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Random Thoughts, Pt. 1

Since leaving the hospital, Lily has been weighed three times.  Her last day in the hospital, 11/8, she weighed 4.3.5. 
11/10  4.4
11/13  4.8
11/17  4.9
We're told we shouldn't worry about the slowing in weight gain, it's probably due to environmental changes, adjusting to life out of the NICU.  There could also be minor discrepancies in the scales being used.  Either way, we're not too concerned (at least the me of we isn't).

After a recent post where I said I sometimes worried in the middle of the night if Lily was still breathing, I got a lot of good advice and stories of similar feelings.  I no longer have to worry about that, as Lily's reflux and gas are now constant reminders to us that she is still breathing.  Those of you with kids may stop laughing now.  Those of you who don't have kids yet, bookmark this page and re-read it when you bring your newborn home from the hospital, then we can all have a good laugh.  Lily's has been a fussy little baby of late, and sometimes takes a good hour to an hour and a half to go back to sleep after eating.  My sleep bank has been readily depleted, hence the shortage of recent posts, but I'm enjoying walking around in a zombie-like state and finally having a legitimate excuse.

We have received so many gifts, Lily now has more clothes than I do.  We may never have to go shopping for her again.  Seriously.  Thank you.

Time to go mix up a fresh batch of formula.

Don't Forget To Breathe.

1 comment: